January 8, 2011

Let Me Re-Introduce Myself

Actually, let me just introduce myself. I’m BMR. I go by other pseudonyms around the internet. I’m a 25 year old female living in South Carolina. I don’t like makeup. At all. And the only little bit of makeup I do like is nail polish. I love nail polish. I’ve loved it since I was a little girl and my mother would buy the those dollar store polishes because she wouldn’t buy anything for more than $1.99. (She still won’t buy a nail polish that cost more than that.) I used to have a pretty big collection when I was a teenager, but in a haste moment gave it all away or broke the bottle against a apartment building wall right behind the apartment I was living in at the time. Teenage angst, what can I say? So I got out of the nail polish game for a couple of years, but I’m back now. I also have really horrible nails. They’re thin, peeling, and easily break. I’m trying to find the best products for me to change that, but I haven’t found them yet.

Now, on to this blog. The reason why I’m starting it is...well, why not? I have a lot of nail polish. I finally bought myself a halfway decent camera. Why not start a blog. I have to be honest, I’m not like some of the kickass nail bloggers out there that can tell you about the base color and the other colors mixed in, etc. I can just put it on and show you how it looks and how it looks against darker skin types.

Also-because I don’t have a job please know that you probably won’t be seeing all six or eight colors of a collection here. I just can’t afford it. And even if I could I probably wouldn’t anyway because I usually only like a few colors. I don’t see the point in buying an entire collection when I only like a few of the colors, unless it’ll be more cost effective for me to buy the entire thing. Does that make sense? I hope it does. I lean towards blues (my favorite color) and purples, and in 2010 my fascination with green really started to peak. Right now I’m going through a gray and purple phase. I don’t know why, but those are the colors drawing me right now.

Um, that’s it. I feel like this intro was all over the place, but sometimes I write like that. My hope is to post at least twice a week. I’m lazy and tend to just do a new mani every week, but I want to change that. First post will come sometime this week after I learned how to take a good picture with my new camera and create a good watermark.

Let’s get this party started y’all!

2 comments: