March 10, 2011

Two Gunmetal Grays From Zoya

Going through all these nail polishes and I realized I have two different Zoyas that fall in the same color category-gunmetal gray. In fact, Zoya describes one as gunmetal gray. So let's start with that one first.
Zoya Freja is a nice dark gray with lots of shimmer in it-silver, blue, red/pink. The shimmer is subtle though so the gray is the dominant color you see. Unless you're in a light source, you probably won't see it. The formula was excellent, not too thick or thin, painted on fine, dried okay. I'll say this, it dried quicker than what I was expecting. Two coats is what it took to have nice opacity. There's actually not much more to say about this. It's a nice, dark, shimmery polish.
Second color is Freja's matter sister Loredana. Like Freja, it's a dark gray polish with lots of shimmer. However Loredana has more shimmer than Freja. A lot more shimmer. I tried to take a picture of it and you can see it a bit on the brush.
The shimmer is the same as Freja, but I can see a lot more of the pink/red. And it's obvious, no matter the light. It dries lighter than Freja, but I think that's par for the course with most mattes. What I didn't love about this one is that it took a long time to dry. Obviously shorter than regular polishes, but long for mattes. Half the reason I love mattes (and suedes with OPI) is that they dry fast. Put it on and next thing you know it's done. Maybe I put it on with too thickly or something. I don't know, I just know it took a while to dry.






I like both, though I am partial to dark colors. I don't know if I love them. It's nice to have them in my collection. Zoya.com for $8/polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment