April 17, 2011

Wet N Wild-Saved By The Blue and The Wonder Yellows

So let me be upfront and say that I don't like this post. Well, it's not the post I have a problem with, it's the polishes in the post. In an attempt to get these out of my untried box I wore both this weekend and, well, I don't like. Let's start off with the better of the two.
indoors
Saved By The Blue is a color I'm sure everyone has already seen so there's not much for me to say about it. It's a little darker than royal blue creme. It went on fine in one coat (which is what this is above) and it dried fast. In fact, I remember some others who have worn and/or swatched this before saying this dried on the slower side for them, but for me it was fine. And I must say I was able to take this off pretty damn well, especially for a blue. You guys know how tricky blues can be to take off.
indoors, flash
My problem with it is that it's so...meh. I mean, a royal blue. Ho hum. This color has been done, and done better, by other companies. I mean, it's nice to have it in the stash, but if I wasn't so enamored with blues and if it wasn't my favorite color, I don't know if I would have bought it. But it does have a good name, I'll give it that.
indoors
Let me first say about The Wonder Yellows that I think it is a horrible name. Really horrible. It just sounds really cheesy. This is a sheer yellow polish with yellow shimmer in it. For the record, it's not super sheer, but enough that you'll need two thick or three thin coats for full opacity with no vnl or bald spots.
indoors, flash
While the formula was fine I didn't love it. And I must say, this looks better in the pictures than it does in person. I kind of hate it to be fully honest. And I wanted to like this despite the name too. Bummer.

2 comments:

  1. These are both nice enough, but you're right, nothing new or special... I wonder if you can mix different proportions of them into a set of awesome green frankens?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think about that! Now I'm going to try that soon. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete