April 1, 2011

Zoya-Breezi And A Comparison

I finally got my Zoya BOGO sale package today! Woot! For the record, I got Faye, Lolly, Phoebe, Mitzi, Mira, and the post today, Breezi. I wasn't going to put Breezi on first; I was going to go with one of the mattes. But I decided to go with Breezi after seeing The Phalanges Files post on Breezi. Some in her comments section were wondering how this compares to OPI's Suzi Says Feng Shui. And since I have that polish I thought I'd do a comparison. My first. I'm a bit excited. But first, let's get to Breezi.
outdoors
Breezi is described by Zoya as a "soft, dusty, dirty medium cerulean blue with an opaque cream finish." Can't say that I disagree. It's nowhere near as bright as in my pics. And I like it like that. While a bright would have been nice, I'm much more into the medium/darker tones. It applied like a dream. If I had more polish on my brush I could have gotten away with one coat, but I decided to do two because there were a few bald patches. Formula was perfect, drying time was good. What can I say that I haven't said before or that you haven't read before? Just another great creme from Zoya.

Now, onto the comparison.
As you can see in the bottle pics, they look pretty similar. Very very similar. And when I put it on it looked the same. Dupes, if you ask me. Every other nail is either Zoya or OPI. Can you spot the difference?
outdoors
No really, can you? Cause I can't. Someone else that can pick up subtle color changes please tell me if the differences. If I had to say something, I think maybe the OPI dries just a bit darker. But honestly, I wouldn't put money on that. On the nail they're the exact same color.
indoors
The first coat of Suzi Says Feng Shui went on streaky (to be fair, I did a very thin coat). But the second coat went on perfectly. Dried well. All that jazz. Just like Breezi was just a great creme from Zoya, SSFS is just a great creme from OPI.

So, I say they're dupes. As dupey as you can get. If you have OPI SSFS I say skip on Breezi. Formula is comparable and what's the point of getting two of the exact same thing? And if I had to be completely honest, as much as I like Breezi, if I remembered I had SSFS before I ordered I wouldn't have gotten it. But if you have neither and want to get a color like this, you really can't go wrong with either one.

Whew, I think that's it. The pictures really don't show just how alike the two polishes are. This is the first dupe in my collection. I feel...weirdly happy about that. Like, I'm finally collecting enough polish to have dupes. I got issues. :)

6 comments:

  1. Both pretty colors! I can barely see the difference.. Can't really decide which one I prefer, they're so similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really can't go wrong with either if you choose to get this color. Both are pretty great polishes, it's just that you probably don't need both. I say get the one that's easier available to you.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the comparison - I'm thrilled because I got Breezi and don't have the OPI.
    And, that color looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I still have them on and they still look exactly alike. I've never seen true dupes like this before.

    And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot! I'll have to skip Breezi. I have Suzi Says Feng Shui and I LOVE this color, so I recommend getting Breezi if you missed it! Or if you prefer Zoya's formula.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, if you got the OPI one definitely skip this one. I wish I had remembered.

    Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete