September 19, 2011

Barielle-Hidden Hideaway

My first Barielle polish! I'm kind of excited. This weekend (and right into Monday) has been so cloudy and dreary and, well, fall like! I'm super excited about this to be honest. And because of that I decided to put on a color that is representative of the season.
outdoors
Hidden Hideaway is the a-typical dark vampy plum purple color that is so notorious during the fall season. It's mostly a creme but it has some shimmer deep in the base that you see in direct light. I couldn't catch it with my camera  unfortunately, but it's there. The shimmer is just a tad bit lighter than the base of the polish.
indoors, artificial light
I've heard that Barielle polishes were thick and tricky to work with and because of that I was a bit turned off by them. But that's what I get for judging a book by its cover as they say. The formula was amazing! It went on smooth and I didn't have one problem with it at all. And it dried so quickly. Much quicker than I would have thought with it being the color it is. This is two thin coats but on my other hand I only did one and you can't tell a difference.
indoors, artificial light
I love this so much! I actually don't have any colors like this. Don't know why I've avoided the dark vampy purples, but I have. This totally makes up for it. It's a beautiful polish that fits right into the fall season, although you may have a color like this already in your collection. If you don't I highly suggest this. It's wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this one! I don't remember seeing pics of it :) I agree colors like this are fab for the fall... I might get this if I see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. It's really a nice polish. Either if you see it or when Barielle does one of their sales. Can't beat a nice polish during a good sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the few Barielles that I don't have. I love it and love their formula!!! Never any complaints. Its moved up to my fav brand right after Zoya. I'm gonna have to add that to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now you have me wanting more Barielles!

    ReplyDelete