February 17, 2012

Hits-Ares

I know I'm ridiculously late with this, but oh well. This was my Valentine's Day mani. Something simple and easy and somewhat in the spirit of the day, even if I consider it a farce.
Ares is another holo from the Speciallita No Olimpo collection from Hits. It's a cherry red with a linear holo finish. I'm not a fan of red. At all. And I've told you guys that before. But I love this. I think if I was to like red it has to be something bold like this. The holo isn't as strong as others, but it's definitely noticeable. I wish I had better pictures, but it's been overcast and rainy all week here in Charleston and I had to use flash.
The formula on this one was thick and...gelly. Not like universal fave jelly polishes, but like an actual gel gelly. It was weird. But two thick coats and I was good to go. It dried okay. Not as fast as other Hits polishes or other holos I've used before, but still pretty good. 
And there we go. This right here is my favorite red polish. And as I don't go to red all that often (read: never) I'm pretty sure this will be one of two or maybe three reds in my collection. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment