February 24, 2011

China Glaze-Below Deck

The second color I got from the China Glaze Anchors Away Spring collection was Below Deck, the purplish/grayish/taupish color that is supposedly a dupe of the infamous Channelesque. I have no idea if it's a true dupe (I was on my nail hiatus when it was released) but it does look similar based on others pics. The formula was once again smooth. I only used one semi-thick coat which I love. I could have done two but I was being lazy.
I feel the same way about this as I do Sea Spray. I don't know how good it looks on me, but I love the color. It dried a bit darker on my nails than in the bottle (no matter how the flash picture looks) and that was one coat. I like it. I really really like it.
And you guys know I had to crackle it, right? This is Lighting Bolt, from China Glaze once again. I don't know if I like this particular crackle experiment; maybe Below Deck isn't meant to be crackled. I did put this on a bit heavy and don't think I'll do that again. You see more of the crackle polish than the base color. But I'm still not crackled out. Still need more experimentation!

(Ignore how wet my cuticles look. I used quick dry drops and...yeah, there's a learning curve there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment