May 17, 2011

Misa-Under My Sunbrella

I finally got the three polishes I wanted from the Misa Summer collection today and I promptly put one on. I have to say, I think Misa is a bit underrated. I don't think I've ever seen someone say that their favorite polish is by Misa, yet they consistently put out really great shades. They have a great bottle design (my favorite to be honest), that awesome rubber handle, and a pretty good brush. I don't know, I just don't think they get as much press as other brands. Anyway, let's get to the polish.
indoors
This is Under My Sunbrella, a golden yellow sheer polish with lots (and lots!) of flakies in it. I decided to wear this one because we haven't been getting that much sun here in Charleston. Been overcast like whoa. I have on three coats and you can still see VNL. I couldn't push myself to add a fourth. I just...I just can't do it y'all. Formulas was a tiny bit runny, but again, it's sheer and it wasn't hard to work with. Quite easy actually. I threw Seche Vite on top of this so I can't judge drying time, but its been five hours since I've put this on (as of writing this) and I can still dent it with my finger nail if I press hard enough. It's completely dry to the touch. I've washed my hands several times and it hasn't messed up. It's just not totally dried to the nail yet I don't think. So, yeah.
outdoors. closeup. trying to show the flakies.
The real genius in this polish (and I'm going to say the entire collection) is in the flakies. There are gold, orange, and just a hint of green flakies through this. I wish my camera picked up on them. It's really pretty. I actually didn't expect it to be this packed with flakies and glitter, even after seeing other swatches. I'm not a big glitter person, but I was pleasantly surprised. It fits this polish I think.
outdoors
I don't think it goes great with my skin tone. I keep wishing it was lighter or darker, but I think I'm being picky. It's very pretty and so darn apropos for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment